e-Learning market is a vast market today (the international e-learning market is expected to reach to the amount of $107 billion by the year 2015). In this market, you need the right ideas, the appropriate methodologies and the correct tools to do your job! Ideally you need the right e-Learning Systems & Tools for the work you are going to do!
e-Learning Incorporates Many Disciplines
e-Learning is a discipline, includes many other approaches. Loosely it can be defined as:
the effective use of technological tools in learning. As a concept, it concerns an array of tools, such as media, machines and networking hardware, as well as considering underlying theoretical perspectives for their effective application. (Wikipedia: Educational technology)
In order to develop and deliver a successful (and effective) e-Learning experience to final users, you need a lot of components to take their place in an e-Learning experience you construct.
e-Learning is not just systems, off course! It includes many things. In order to employ it, in a successful manner (i.e. to deliver training to your final users), you are going to need among other things:
- a strategy or a strategic approach to learning
- Suitable ideas for developing the learning experience
- Subject Matter Experts to help you developing the needed material
- Globally used methodologies and approaches for developing your material
- Instructional Design and storyboarding
- Organization and analysis of your target group of learners as well as of the material you are going to cover
- Standard operations to help you deliver quality products
- Rapid development techniques to help you develop suitable content in a rapid mode
- Content and media development
- Excellent writing skills
- Suitable pedagogies and learning theories
- Evaluation of results
and many other things.
One major component of the equation it reads as an “effective e-learning experience“, though, is the e-Learning Systems and Tools you need to accomplish your mission. At the next section, you will find some of the most known ones, covering various areas of e-Learning!
e-Learning Systems and Tools
e-Learning experts and designer need the rights tools and systems to do their work. There is a vast list of various tools, covering many areas of e-Learning: Learning Management Systems, authoring, content development, classroom support, etc.
Bellow you will find a list of some e-Learning Systems and Tools (both premium and free ones), can help you in developing and delivering e-learning content.
Question: What do you think of the list? There are more tools, you are going to include in the list? What are the tools you use more often? Please, write your comments, here!