In my line of work, I use many tools (and I test even more!) In this page, I am going to record the ones I use most and have helped me to do my work better.
I would like to note that in the concept of tools, I also include books, courses, services, and applications. I recorded them here, hoping that not only would help you focus on the things matter but also would shape your thoughts and practices in order YOU to select what it suitable for your personal and business needs.
Furthermore, I’d like to point out that my personal working philosophy includes a seamless integration of thinking and doing (a continuum of thinking, pro-acting, and acting intentionally and on purpose), I needed to customize many of these tools to my own needs. I think you should do the same!
- IFTTT. IFTTT has developed as an essential (and missing at the time) component for the interconnection and automation of web applications. It permits you to develop connections and automatic workflows among various web application (like posting images, store them in specific online folders, post in social media after announcing one, and much more other!).
- Zappier. Zappier is another, excellent, automation software you can use for automating various repetitive tasks related to web applications and data!
- #The.Business.Toolkit Package. A compilation of valuable resources to support you in the modern business environment.
- 31 Days to Build a Better Blog. One of the best books written for blogging. Highly recommended!
- Glimpses of a Changing Scenery. My first book and highly recommended for a first introduction to the concepts and approaches of this site. It is a compilation of foundation business concepts and how-tos to help you find your way in the complex digital world.
Business Systems and Management
- Asana. Top solution for project management, and collaboration.
- DropBox. Cross platform (for online storage, collaboration, distribution, etc)
- Evernote. Cross platform (for note making, planning scheduling, idea captures, storage, etc)
- Nozbe. One of the best project management tools around!
- process.st – process.st is a process and workflow management application capable of helping you document and verify the processes of your business.
- Trello. A versatile project management tools for solopreneurs, entrepreneurs, and teams alike. Excellent tool!
- Wrike. One of the best project and team management tools around.
Content Development and Media Hosting
- Camtasia. One of the best screen recorder and video editing applications in the market. Provides all the necessary tools you need to record on-screen activity, edit your content, and share in high-quality to viewers anywhere. An indispensable tool when you doing a lot of video clips.
- Canva. An online graphics and illustration application can cover all your needs in quality images and graphics.
- PicMonkey. An online photo processing application with many features and capabilities. You should take a look at it!
- Wistia. One of the best video hosting services around.
- Google Docs. A suite of tools which provides access to office applications and online storage.
- Microsoft Office Online. A cloud-based collaboration platform, providing access, collaboration, and share of various office documents.
- SocialCast. A company social platform that connects people of a company to the resources needed for their collaboration.
Course Development and e-Learning Platforms
- Coursmos. Coursmos LMS lets you monitor L&D results to help your business grow faster.
- LearnWorlds. LearnWorlds is the top all-in-one platform for creating and selling online courses.
- Skillshare. Skillshare is a learning platform with online classes taught by the world’s best practitioners.
- Teachable. Teachable is an integrated learning and marketing platform for creating and selling online courses with over 4 million students worldwide.
- Thinkific. Thinkific is the all-in-one platform for independent experts and entrepreneurs to create, market and sell online courses.
- Define Your Ideal Niche Market. A free course for those wanting a way to define their Ideal Niche Market.
- Online Course Maker. An excellent course by Chris Brogan, on how to build online courses. Must see!
- Digital Business Mastery. A course by Chris Brogan on how to make an online business.
- DIY SEO Academy. A membership to a specialized SEO-SEM Academy to help you solve your online SEO problems without hiring an SEO consultant.
- WordPress 4 Basics. A video tutorial on how to install, setup and operate your WordPress 4 installation.
Hosting, Website, and Email Marketing Services
- Bing Webmaster Tools. For administrative tasks and search visibility activities.
- Bit.ly. An URL shortener with extended capabilities for analyzing the performance of the links you share
- Cloudflare. Is the largest and free provider of CDN (Content Delivery Network) services. I use it for having the best security and delivery results for my sites.
- Drip by Leadpages. A quick & easy email marketing automation software you can use for all your business needs, either you are an entrepreneur, a freelancer, a blogger or a small business owner.
- FeedBurner. A Google services focused on RSS distribution and delivery. Even there are more valuable ones, FeedBurner is the only free service you can really trust.
- GetNoticed Theme for WordPress (WordPress Theme). It is the theme I use for this site. It is elegant, highly customizable, flexible and easy to use.
- GoDaddy. GoDaddy is my hosting provider. I host many of my sites at GoDaddy.
- Google Analytics. One of the best (and free) tools for monitoring your traffic, who’s visited your site, etc. Indispensable for every blog and site owner as well as for every marketer and growth hacker.
- Google Webmaster Tools. For site administrative tasks and visibility.
- MailChimp. The Email Marketing Service I use for marketing campaigns and mail subscriptions.
- WordPress. WordPress is a content management system powering the 21% of the web. It is flexible, easy and expendable in more ways than one. I use it for all my sites.
Landing / Sale Pages & Opt-In Forms
- OptimizePress. A highly recommended tool for developing landing and sales pages, membership sites, opt-in boxes and many more features for your online business.
- LandingPage Monkey. An excellent tool for landing page development.
- Thrive Leads by Thrive Themes. One of the best tools for rapid list building. with Thrive Leads you can develop highly flexible, robust and effective opt-in forms for anything you want to promote.
- TextExpander (Mac OS X). For all your text automation tasks
- PhraseExpress (Windows). For auto text functionality, indispensable when you have a lot of texts to write
- Google Keyword Planner. Google Keyword Planner is a tool permit you to see how many people are searching relevant terms
- Long Tail Pro. An extremely useful tool for all your keyword search requirements.
- Serpstat. All-in-One SEO platform. One of the best marketing and SEO platform around and one of the most efficient keyword research tools in the business.
Social Media & Marketing Tools
- Buffer. An excellent tool for schedule and deliver useful content in your social media. It has excellent features to help you manage all your social media accounts and develop an efficient social media campaign. Did I mention it is free?
- Commun.it. A tool to drive traffic, grow followers/likes and save time on social media.
- HootSuite. HootSuite is an integrated social media management platform with many features for handling your social networks. It provides an integrated dashboard, from which you can handle more than 90% of your everyday communication and interaction with your social networks
- Grow Sumo. One of the best influencers platform around. Excellent for promoting your messages and products around.
- NinjaOutreach. One of the best tools around for finding influencers and automating outreach. Highly recommendable.
- Snip.ly – Snip.ly is an application for content sharing and traffic generation.
- SocialPilot. A social media marketing and scheduling tool for the marketing professionals.
- SumAll. An application for integrated management of all your online data & profiles.
- Google Applications & Tools – Cross platform (Google Chrome, Gmail, Tasks, Calendar, Docs, Reader and search in everyday basis for mail, information searching, scheduling, task management, storage, reading, etc.)
- Microsoft applications in Windows (typically Outlook [for mail, scheduling, task management, agendas planning, etc], Word, PowerPoint, and Excel for carrying out the most of my workload) and the counterpart, LibreOffice in Mac and Ubuntu
- Grammarly. A free grammar checker instantly eliminates grammatical errors and enhances your writing. It is available as WordPress Plugin, Windows application, Microsoft Word add-in or as a web application. It is, literally, a tool has changed my writing workflow and help to avoid many spelling errors.
- Hemingway Editor. An excellent editor to help you make your writing better.