In my line of work I use many tools (and I test even more!). In this page, I am going to record the ones I use most and have helped me to do my work better.
I would like to note that in the concept of tools, I also include books, courses, services, and applications. I recorded them here, hoping that not only would help you focus on the things matter but also would shape your thoughts and practices in order YOU to select what it suitable for your personal and business needs.
Furthermore, I’d like to point out that my personal working philosophy includes a seamless integration of thinking and doing (a continuum of thinking, pro-acting, and acting intentionally and on purpose), I needed to customize many of these tools to my own needs. I think you should do the same!
- IFTTT – IFTTT has developed as an essential (and missing at the time) component for the interconnection and automation of web applications. It permits you to develop connections and automatic workflows among various web application (like posting images, store them in specific online folders, post in social media after announcing one, and much more other!).
- Zappier – Zappier is another, excellent, automation software you can use for automating various repetitive tasks related to web applications and data!
- DropBox – Cross platform (for online storage, collaboration, distribution, etc)
- Evernote – Cross platform (for note making, planning scheduling, idea captures, storage, etc)
- process.st – process.st is a Process and Workflow Management application
Content Development and Media Hosting
- Camtasia – One of the best screen recorder and video editing applications in the market. Provides all the necessary tools you need to record on-screen activity, edit your content, and share in high-quality to viewers anywhere. An indispensable tool when you doing a lot of video clips.
- Canva – An online graphics and illustration application can cover all your needs in quality images and graphics.
- Wistia – One of the best video hosting services around.
- Google Docs – A suite of tools which provides access to office applications and online storage.
- Microsoft Office Online – A cloud-based collaboration platform, providing access, collaboration, and share of various office documents.
- SocialCast – A company social platform that connects people of a company to the resources needed for their collaboration.
Hosting, Website, and Email Marketing Services
- Bing Webmaster Tools – For administrative tasks and search visibility activities.
- Bit.ly – A URL shortener with extended capabilities for analyzing the performance of the links you share
- Cloudflare – Is the largest and free provider of CDN (Content Delivery Network) services. I use it for having the best security and delivery results for my sites.
- FeedBurner – A Google services focused on RSS distribution and delivery. Even there are more valuable ones, FeedBurner is the only free service you can really trust.
- GetNoticed Theme for WordPress (WordPress Theme) – It is the theme I use for this site. It is elegant, highly customizable, flexible and easy to use.
- GoDaddy – GoDaddy is my hosting provider. I host all sites at GoDaddy.
- Google Analytics – One of the best (and free) tools for monitor your traffic, who’s visited your site, etc. Indispensable for every blog and site owner as well as for every marketer and growth hacker.
- Google Keyword Planner – Google Keyword Planner is a tool permit you to see how many people are searching relevant terms
- Google Webmaster Tools – For site administrative tasks and visibility.
- MailChimp – The Email Marketing Service I use for marketing campaigns and mail subscriptions.
- WordPress – WordPress is a content management system powering the 21% of the web. It is flexible, easy and expendable in more ways than one. I use it for all my sites.
- TextExpander (Mac OS X) – for all your text automation tasks
- PhraseExpress (Windows) – for auto text functionality, indispensable when you have a lot of texts to write
- Long Tail Pro – An extremely useful tool for all your keyword search requirements.
Social Media Tools
- Buffer – An excellent tool for schedule and deliver useful content in your social media. It has excellent features to help you manage all your social media accounts and develop an efficient social media campaign. Did I mentions it is free?
- Commun.it – A tool to drive traffic, grow followers/likes and save time on social media.
- HootSuite – HootSuite is an integrated social media management platform with many features for handling your social networks. It provides an integrated dashboard, from which you can handle more than 90% of your everyday communication and interaction with your social networks
- Snip.ly – Snip.ly is an application for content sharing and traffic generation.
- Google applications & Tools – Cross platform (Google Chrome, Gmail, Tasks, Calendar, Docs, Reader and search in everyday basis for mail, information searching, scheduling, task management, storage, reading, etc.)
- Microsoft applications in Windows (typically Outlook [for mail, scheduling, task management, agendas planning, etc], Word, PowerPoint, and Excel for carrying out the most of my workload) and the counterpart, LibreOffice in Mac and Ubuntu