We live in a complex world, today, a world, sometimes makes you forget about important things. Things like yourself, your family, your time, your dreams and your future.
That’s why we need something to constantly reminds us, that “this is not just it“. Something like a good book in the tradition of the inspirational stories helps us remember what is important in your life.
Important stories like the The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari of Robin Sharma, the Chicken Soup for the Soul of Jack Canfield, The Goal: A Process of Ongoing Improvement of Eliyahu M. Goldratt, The Energy Bus of Jon Gordon and many more help us understand better ourselves and what we are doing with our life and business!
In this long tradition belongs and the SZEN ZONE: Reaching a State of Positive Change by Gary Szenderski. This book has been build upon the success and the numerous interactions author received from his previous book, the Book of Szen: Stories & Inspiration for a Changing World.
The book is structured as a collection of small stories and anecdotes aiming at alarm the reader for his/her present state and empower him/her to reach to a level of positive change.
Gary Szenderski is an author, speaker, teacher, and branding specialist focused on the positive change transitions and situations.
With this book, Gary tries to help you embrace and manage change as a constant parameter of your current life and do so in a positive and rewarding manner.
As Gary so eloquently describes in Szen Zone:
To be clear on what we want, we have to search inside. Only our internal compass can determine if we’re on our true path. That compass is only activated when we know who we really are. The power of self-discovery starts the internal engine that puts our destiny into view and our journey into gear. And the only way to know if it’s right is to question our feelings about ourselves. Here is a quick reference:
- We have to feel worthy of the dream
- We have to enjoy what we’re dreaming
- We have to see the dream coming true
Garry structured his book in 8 excellent chapters describing different aspects of a journey towards positive change:
- Chapter 1: Boldly go (a self-discovery journey)
- Chapter 2: The Productivity Promise (what productivity means and how to use it?)
- Chapter 3: The Past – Letting Go (Sometimes you need to get rid of whatever creates problems in your current life)
- Chapter 4: Living in the Present (learn to focus on now)
- Chapter 5: Creating the Future (think where you want to be tomorrow?)
- Chapter 6: When Knowledge is Power (how to use knowledge for your own benefit)
- Chapter 7: Taking Chances (what risk has to do with your life)
- Chapter 8: The Szend (beliefs, momentum and what you can do with them)
In total is a book you should read. It will help you to assume and embrace a state of positive change and clarify many of the things you would want answers about your life and business.
I highly recommend it not just for a pass time bed stories (which will create you the desire to find more about yourself and what you doing) but as a hard core guide on the path of positive change.