Takis Athanassiou is a European operating e-Business & e-Learning consultant, focusing on providing you the best resources and practices for building an intentional and meaningful living, based on your initiatives, character, aspirations, and goals! Greek in origin, Takis develops ideas, approaches, methods, resources, assets and tools, that will help you to grow and better your personal and professional life!
Takis has managed, consult and cooperate with various organizations and companies in Greece and Europe in various business areas. Among them included public and private companies, organizations, agents, banks and universities such as the COSMOTE – Greek Telecommunication Organization (Greece), the Management Organisation Unit S.A. (Greece), the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens (Greece), the Computer Technology Institute (Greece), The American College of Greece (Greece), the Hellenic American Union (Greece), the National Ministry of Labor (Greece), the Bank of Cyprus (Greece), the Cyprus Open University (Cyprus), the Altran Group (Spain), the Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia (Spain), the Confartigianato Regionale Umbra (Italy), the FernUniversität in Hagen: Fernstudium (Germany), the University of Hull – UoH (UK), and many more.
Takis shares his best methods, ideas, and approaches for developing YOU, according to your goals and your values! At the business level, he pays close attention to the group dynamics and the personal interconnections, trying to form and employ strategies and operations that would assist the company in an integrated manner and enhance its effectiveness towards its organizational, social, and enterprise activities.
He aims at developing business and strategies having a win-win orientation towards all involved stakeholders while keeping the focus on the human and social aspects of the enterprises.
Here is Takis’ personal blog, a place for recording his thoughts and ideas, providing value and tools to his readers and disseminating the most valuable bits of his work. Takis uses a specialized mindset based on leadership & strategy principles, personal growth directives, business proven practices and training activities to deliver his best results to you! He employs and uses various approaches and tools using a mixture of techniques, including books, white papers, education, courses, coaching, mentoring, etc. Takis is the author of the books:
Takis is the author of the books:
- Leadership Initiative Papers – Glimpses on a Changing Scenery,
- Why Bother Blogging?
- Underlying Disciplines for a Startup,
- Leadership Productivity,
- Towards Personal Productivity,
- Leadership Initiative Papers: On Business & Leadership (free book), and
- #The.Business.Toolkit (free book)!
Takis writes on issues related to business, e-Learning, leadership, productivity, effectiveness, management, time management, social media, and tools, while, occasionally, he writes about various subjects (he thinks!!!) of interest for his readers. His goal is to create meaningful and readily applicable approaches, ideas, schemes, etc, providing insights,
His goal is to create meaningful and readily applicable approaches, ideas, schemes, etc, providing insights, interconnections, and tools that, could create a positive difference in various areas, and empower the people in their everyday personal and professional life.
A very brief CV
Takis Athanassiou has been working for over 20 years in the IT sector, as Project Manager, Team Leader, and Director in Greek SMEs, focused mainly in areas of IT services, e-Learning and consulting.
His main focus is Leadership and Strategy while he helps people, groups, and companies to develop their goals and adjust to the “new brave world” of digital media, in order to stay innovative, creative and competitive.
In order to do that, he uses various enablers (as the entrepreneurship, the technology, the financials, the e-Learning, etc are) to empower the people in developing their personal and professional life and the companies to enhance their impact.
Today he is working in the areas of business consulting, e-Learning and social media while he writes, blogs and discusses leadership, business, productivity, personal development, social media and tools that facilitate and support the flawless execution of everyday business and personal life.
In case, you are wondering what Takis is focused on currently, you can check this link!
Who’s talking now!
Takis Athanassiou has a long working experience (20 years+) in various position and roles in the IT sector. The variety of roles and positions, he had filled in during these years, his experience, the knowledge, the expertise and the skills he has gained, make him suitable for talking and documenting the subjects he is talking about, and render him an ideal discussion partner for everyone seeking more knowledge and information on these subjects!
Some of the most notable things he has done, include:
- Participation in strategy and business development committees in various Greek and European projects,
- Development of marketing schemes and campaigns for various projects,
- Pre-sales and after-sales implementation of marketing strategies,
- Trainer in many face-to-face training projects, covering more than 1.000 hours of live training in various subjects (IT, multimedia & web development, communication, e-Learning, multimedia, etc),
- Working experience and participation in various IT communication and video conference research projects,
- Trainer in online synchronous and asynchronous distance learning and collaboration activities,
- Instructional designer in various distance learning projects, content, and software in Greece and Europe,
- Conceptualization, design, development, prototyping, testing and initial employment of Hestia Platform, one of the first Greek Learning Management Systems. Provision of a viable business and market proof of concept for similar systems in the Greek market,
- Participation in various phases of product, services and e-Learning content development,
- Participation in more than 95 Projects (Greek and European) in various areas (telecommunication, management, social exclusion, unemployment, e-business, e-Learning, blended and distance learning, etc),
- Participation in more than 200 pre-sales activities, business proposals and Calls for tenders,
- Participation and lead in more than 15+ training material development groups and training software development groups,
- Member of strategic management groups in various R&D, Greek, and European projects,
- Leader in two (2) major consulting projects related to the status of teleworking in Greece for the public sector,
- Member of the steering committee of Greek Tourist Education and Training Forum,
- Participation in community formation, fostering and development communities and online networks,
- Participation in the Educational and Training Strategy formation for national blended learning projects in Greece.
Best Posts of This Blog
If you are new on this site you should start here. You may also want to review the most popular posts have written. You may find of interest the following posts and articles:
- Building the Leadership Initiative Blog
- Why You Should Probably Start Blogging
- Do You Have Some Reasons for Blogging?
- Blogging On Purpose
- A Highly Effective Blogging Framework!
- 500+ Post Ideas for Bulletproof Blogging!
- Top 21 Of The Most Interesting Blogs In My Reading List
- How to Rewrite & Repurpose Blog Content
- Why Bother Blogging?
- How To Write 4 In Between 5?
- Entrepreneurship is Not Business
- A New Economic Model – Some thoughts
- Collaboration Tools For Small Business
- How to Define your Ideal Niche Market
- Are you Selecting Clients?
- A New Business Horizon
- A Story of 2 Clients
- Aspects of e-Learning
- Training is a Core Activity
- Writing Strategies for e-Learning
- Instructional Design as a Discipline
- The 11 Hats Of An Online Learning Coordinator
- ADDIE Model
- e-Learning Systems and Tools
- e-Learning Is Not Just Systems
- Why Leadership Initiative
- Leadership is …
- Strategy vs. Tactics
- Some Basic Leadership Principles To Think About
- 4 words for leadership and personal development
- Focus: How To Do It Better & More Effectively
- 7 Laws for Leadership Development
- The Leadership Myth
- Leadership Productivity
- Who are you going to be in 5 years?
- 2 Quadrants to lead your decisions
- 3 Elements For Personal Development And Success
- The Personal Cost of Entrepreneurship
- How to Regain Your Momentum
- The Concept of Failure
- On Accountability
- On Personal Boundaries
- The 5W+1H of Productivity
- The Hidden Infrastructure For A Productive Day
- Organize Chrome Bookmarks for Maximum Efficiency
- The Case for an Effective Note-Taking Practice
- 3 Productivity Tips To Make Your Day
- 55 Content Creation Tools
- Kendo, Flow & Productivity
- Do you like Analog Systems?
If you want to find something specific, you can always use the search box at the sidebar.
How to Contact Takis
You can contact Takis either by e-mail or you can reach him via the contact page of this blog. You can also follow him on Twitter, Linkedin, Google+, Facebook, Flickr, Youtube, Soundcloud, Instagram, and Pinterest.
Takis Athanassiou Blog Posts in Web
Takis Athanassiou | Leadership Initiative is the “personal activities base” of Takis online activities (either business, blogging, networking, etc). But this site supported and supports other blogs as well and have some more “outposts“, around the Internet, for sharing and propagate the ideas, approaches, and tools, discussed here.
Such blogs, central for the concepts discussed here & various outposts are (among others) the:
- Leadership Initiative @Business Blog
- Leadership Initiative pages (sharing information and interact with this blog, either via direct posting mechanisms, social media services or with the aid of 3rd tools, like the IFTTT or Buffer). Such pages are:
- Blogs have been developed on other platforms, such as in:
- Articles and posts of interest, Takis originally write (or postings Takis has written for this site and he is frequently re-posts in 3rd sites), for sites such as:
Disclosures and Relationships
- Takis is an affiliate for Amazon.
- Takis is an affiliate of ProBlogger.
- Takis uses Google Adsense (i.e it displays what ads think as relevant!).
- Takis is an affiliate of Owner Media Group.
- Takis is an affiliate of LearningToBlog.
- Takis is an affiliate of GoDaddy.
- Takis is an affiliate of PicMonkey.
- Takis is an affiliate of Wrike.
- Takis is an affiliate of Ray Edwards.
- Takis is an affiliate of Coursmos.
- Takis is an affiliate of Udemy.
- Takis is an affiliate of OptimizePress.
- Takis is an affiliate of NinjaOutreach.
- Takis is an affiliate of DedicatedSolutions.
- Takis is an affiliate of Self-Publishing School.
- Takis is an affiliate of Programming for Marketers email course.
- Takis is an affiliate of Jeff Goins’ Tribe Writers course.
- Takis is an affiliate of Content Promotion Summit.
- Takis is an affiliate of Michael Hyatt.
- Takis is a member of Lead With Giants Community.
- Takis is a member of Lead Change Group.
- Takis’ articles featured at Alltop.
- Takis’ blog has been featured among “The Top 100 Most Socially-Shared Leadership Blogs Of 2014“
- Takis’ blog has been featured among “Top 200 SMB & Digital Marketing Blog Posts 2015“
- Takis’ blog has been featured among “The Top 100 Socially-Shared Leadership Blogs Of 2015“
- Takis’ blog has been featured among “Top 40 Personal Development and Leadership Blogs“
- Takis’ blog has been featured among “Top 25 Leadership Blogs for Small Businesses“
Occasionally Takis publishes some sponsored articles for products and services he thinks of value!
The domain and host provider of this blog is the company GoDaddy, and this blog is being developed on the blogging platform WordPress. For the blog has been used a professional responsive theme the GetNoticed Theme for WordPress and various third-party services. Most notably Disqus for integrating comments, FeedBurner for RSS and MailChimp for marketing campaigns and mail subscription. Finally, for server tasks and traffic monitoring, it has been used GoDaddy tools, Google Webmaster Tools, and Google Analytics.
This is my personal blog, Takis Athanassiou | Leadership Initiative. All content provided on this blog is for informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. The owner of this blog will not be liable for any errors, delays or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information. All information is provided on an as-is basis.
For further policies related to various operations of this site, you can check here!