Understanding and mastering the fundamentals of business is important if one wants to be successful.
For those who are beginning, an intro is essential. The experienced businessmen will review the element of business as they collectively lay an impact on the results, client relationship etc.
According to the successful CEOs of the world, the five core elements of the business are:
- And, growth
Every factor has its own importance. Every factor is imperative for success. However, it is when an organization acknowledges it’s most impacting elements and assesses success depending on these factors, then management builds confidence which can lead to the improvisation of the other keys too.
Once the key areas are known, management would make efforts to interact about it to the staff and from reviews and incentives depending on the ability of an individual to advance the company in its segment.
A small review of the core business elements:
- Cash: A primary factor in a big series of scenarios comprising of start-up enterprises (where burn-rates majorly connect to this basic element). Along with it, it is crucial in the market where growth scope is limited whether it is any industry, sector or economy, cash is said to be the basic indicator of the health of a company that has been carelessly handled or has been looking for a turnaround procedure. Also a major aspect for companies that wish to lay an impact on their shareholders by means of the cash dividend or buy back share, cash plays a vital role in it.
- Margin: Tackled on a gross format, benchmarking margin makes you aware of the recent trends which could be positive or negative considering their futuristic implications.
- Velocity: Take a hint from Apple’s iPod or Wal-Mart for it.
- Growth: As per the old saying, if there is no growth, then it is dying. However, you have a lot of merits in between. For big scale build-outs like cellular companies and manufacturing units, it plays a major element role.
- Customers: Very often a major metric in volume operation, whether e-based service, brick and mortar company, customers are the core element. They can either be tagged as a number of visitors, demographic categorization, quality or socio-economical scale.
- Managers: Acknowledge the managers at different levels as they are a major key to success. It is very important that you interact with them clearly and on a regular basis.
- Professional staff: Find out from your manager as well as management team about that the major indicators are and endeavor to find ways to positively impact and fulfill your responsibilities and duties.
- Management of cash flow is very important in a business. The right inflow and outflow lead to a successful running business. Whether you make an expense through cash or credit card, efficient handling is very important. Irrational spending via card could lead to debt. However, you can recover it and retrieve via credit consolidation loans.
Once you keep the core elements of business in mind, you shall never fail with your attempts.
Question: What other core elements of business do you find as important? You can leave a comment by clicking here.
Please note: I reserve the right to delete comments that are offensive or off-topic.