In my line of work, I use many tools (and I test even more!) In this page, I am going to record the ones I use most and have helped me to do my work better.
I would like to note that in the concept of tools, I also include books, courses, services, and applications. I recorded them here, hoping that not only would help you focus on the things matter but also would shape your thoughts and practices in order YOU to select what it suitable for your personal and business needs.
Furthermore, I’d like to point out that my personal working philosophy includes a seamless integration of thinking and doing (a continuum of thinking, pro-acting, and acting intentionally and on purpose), I needed to customize many of these tools to my own needs. I think you should do the same!
The people reading my blog for a long time, know that I am a big supporter of automation. Here are some of the tools I use daily!
- IFTTT. IFTTT has developed as an essential (and missing at the time) component for the interconnection and automation of web applications. It permits you to develop connections and automatic workflows among various web application (like posting images, store them in specific online folders, post in social media after announcing one, and much more other!).
- Leonard for LinkedIn. An integrated solution for automatic LinkedIn related tasks (connecting, messaging, prospecting, lead generation, etc.)
- Microsoft Flow. A tool for automation of your workflow between different applications and services.
- Mover. A tool to migrate data between online storage providers.
- Zappier. Zappier is another, excellent, automation software you can use for automating various repetitive tasks related to web applications and data!
Here are some of my books (along with other books of value) can help you gain clarity and focus on your business goals while maintaining a balanced life! You can find more here, here and here. For book reviews, try this page!
- 31 Days to Build a Better Blog. One of the best books written for blogging. Highly recommended!
- Glimpses of a Changing Scenery. My first book and highly recommended for a first introduction to the concepts and approaches of this site. It is a compilation of foundation business concepts and how-tos to help you find your way in the complex digital world.
- Simplicity: Exploring the path of least resistance. Having a meaningful and productive life starts when you focus on what matters. This easy-to-read book will show you why simplicity can leverage your strengths and streamline your productivity.
- Towards Personal Productivity. This is a book focused on productivity as a way of doing what gets to be done! It focuses on 3 main areas you need to attend and focus today in order to become more productive and effective.
- Leadership Productivity. Leadership has always had a close connection with productivity & effectiveness. This book explored this connection and supports your efforts to become a better and more effective leader.
Business Systems and Management
Simple systems and procedures are always important for any entrepreneur, small business owner or freelancer. I use different systems for different operations and I try to test for a long time and customize to my own needs any system I use. Here the ones I have found of value and I use them, almost, daily!
- Asana. Top solution for project management, and collaboration.
- Nozbe. One of the best project management tools around!
- process.st – process.st is a process and workflow management application capable of helping you document and verify the processes of your business.
- SalesFlare. An intelligent CRM platform for startups and modern age companies.
- Trello. A versatile project management tools for solopreneurs, entrepreneurs, and teams alike. Excellent tool!
- Wrike. One of the best project and team management tools around.
Content Development and Media Hosting
Content, media, and communities are 3 of the most important elements for any online business today! Here are the tools and platforms help me develop my content, manage my media and grow my community!
- Camtasia. One of the best screen recorder and video editing applications in the market. Provides all the necessary tools you need to record on-screen activity, edit your content, and share in high-quality to viewers anywhere. An indispensable tool when you doing a lot of video clips.
- Canva. An online graphics and illustration application can cover all your needs with quality images and graphics.
- Logogenie. An easy to use logo maker!
- LogoJoy. An excellent logo maker app for all your small business needs.
- Logo Maker. A free logo maker tool for all your logo related activities.
- PicMonkey. An online photo processing application with many features and capabilities. You should take a look at it!
- Wistia. One of the best video hosting services around.
In this section, I have included the collaboration tools I use to contact and cooperate with my partners and associates. As always, a tool is as best as much time you have invested to it to customize it and tweak it to your own needs.
- Google Docs. A suite of tools which provide access to office applications and online storage.
- Microsoft Office Online. A cloud-based collaboration platform, providing access, collaboration, and share of various office documents.
- SocialCast. A company social platform that connects people of a company to the resources needed for their collaboration.
Here are some of the communication tools I use to communicate with my audience, cooperate with my associates and provide distance help!
- 24sessions. One of the best tools I ever used for 1:1 communications with your clients, peers, and associates. It provides video meetings, scheduling and review services to faciliate every iteraction between you and your peers.
- CallPage. An advanced communication and marketing platform for your website. You can gain 75% more sales calls from your website visitors.
- Skype. One of the best and widespread applications for live communication and collaboration around. I used them all the time for interviews, coaching and consulting.
- Zoom. One of the best solutions for providing video chat and conferences, online meetings, and live webinars. I also use it all the time.
Course Development and eLearning Platforms
In this section, I have included the tools and platforms I use for developing courses and implement e-learning operations. Even though the selection of any tool is a matter of flavor, e-learning and instructional design have too many restrictions and degrees of freedom which lead you to select the ones can be proved the most effective in the long run.
- CreativeLive. CreativeLive is an excellent course delivery platform with many courses in various demanding areas.
- LearnWorlds. LearnWorlds is the top all-in-one platform for creating and selling online courses.
- Skillshare. Skillshare is a learning platform with online classes taught by the world’s best practitioners.
- Teachable. Teachable is an integrated learning and marketing platform for creating and selling online courses with over 4 million students worldwide.
- TeachinGuide. Software that allows users to get the data and insights they need to build a successful online course
- Thinkific. Thinkific is the all-in-one platform for independent experts and entrepreneurs to create, market and sell online courses.
I use books, courses, and products as tools can leverage your assets, make your business more efficient and help you grow your business in the right direction. In this section, I have included some of the courses I have found of use and help me realize what it is important and what it is not in a chaos of irrelevant business information and data.
- Course Builders Laboratory. Course Builder’s Laboratory is a training and coaching program on building courses that help effectively the service providers who want to build a course. Highly recommendable!
- Define Your Ideal Niche Market. A free course for those wanting a way to define their Ideal Niche Market.
- Online Course Maker. An excellent course by Chris Brogan, on how to build online courses. Must see!
- Digital Business Mastery. A course by Chris Brogan on how to make an online business.
- DIY SEO Academy. A membership to a specialized SEO-SEM Academy to help you solve your online SEO problems without hiring an SEO consultant.
- WordPress 4 Basics. A video tutorial on how to install, setup and operate your WordPress 4 installation.
Fundraising & Crowdfunding Platforms
Funds are an important element in every business. Luckily enough, the last years have been developed financial concepts, platforms and tools can help you raise the required capital for your own type of business. Take a look!
- Crowdfunder. A UK based crowdfunding service for raising money and capital for your projects.
- Crowdrise. A social fundraising platform for non-profit organizations, personal causes, and charity.
- EasyStarter. A global fundraising site, which helps individuals, businesses, and non-profits raise money online. Its objective is to make any idea a reality through crowdfunding.
- GoGetFunding. One of the biggest crowdfunding website for personal causes! Worth a good look!
- Indiegogo. One of the best crowdfunding platforms and marketplace for new entrepreneurs and business owners.
- Kickbooster. Typically nor a crowdfunding platform but a marketing one. It helps crowdfunding project creators to promote their project and create hype! A must look platform for any crowdfunding project.
- Kickstarter. One of the best crowdfunding services for creators and artists to help them make their ideas a reality.
- Patreon. A platform for providing ongoing fund support for creators, musicians, artists, bloggers, etc. One of the best sources for finding a steady income as a new creator.
- RocketHub. Not your typical crowdfunding service! It is more a social network for entrepreneurs, but it has a very strong funding module to help you raise capital.
Hosting, Website, and Email Marketing Services
Here are the services I have tested and used on a daily basis. In this section, I have included various and different services ranging from hosting and web management to WordPress, analytics, and email marketing services.
- Bing Webmaster Tools. For administrative tasks and search visibility activities.
- Bit.ly. An URL shortener with extended capabilities for analyzing the performance of the links you share
- CloudFlare. Is the largest and free provider of CDN (Content Delivery Network) services. I use it for having the best security and delivery results for my sites.
- Drip by Leadpages. A quick & easy email marketing automation software you can use for all your business needs, either you are an entrepreneur, a freelancer, a blogger or a small business owner.
- FeedBurner. A Google service focused on RSS distribution and delivery. Even there are more valuable ones, FeedBurner is the only free service you can really trust.
- GetNoticed Theme for WordPress (WordPress Theme). It is the theme I use for this site. It is an elegant theme, highly customizable, flexible and easy to use.
- GoDaddy. GoDaddy is my hosting provider. I host many of my sites at GoDaddy.
- Google Analytics. One of the best (and free) tools for monitoring your traffic, who’s visited your site, etc. Indispensable for every blog and site owner as well as for every marketer and growth hacker.
- Hostinger. One of the cheapest and fastest web hosting services around. Highly recommendable!
- InfusionSoft. One of the best marketing automation platforms for your small business. Highly commendable!
- JetPack. A unique plugin for your WordPress with many tools, help you design, grow, secure, and manage your WordPress site.
- Google Webmaster Tools. For site administrative tasks and visibility.
- MailChimp. The Email Marketing Service I use for marketing campaigns and email subscriptions.
- Mautic. An open source marketing automation platform with many features and advantages.
- Moosend. One of the best marketing and automation marketing platforms around. An alternative marketing solution you should check out!
- Pressable. One of the most reliable solutions for Managed WordPress Hosting.
- WP Rocket. One of the most powerful caching plugin by WordPress. I use it with success for some time now and I am very satisfied with its performance!
- WordPress. WordPress is a content management system powering 21% of the web. It is flexible, easy and expendable in more ways than one. I use it for all my sites.
Landing / Sale Pages & Opt-In Forms
Here you will find the tools can help you develop the best landing pages around and convert effectively your audience to loyal friends and customers. They are essential parts of any successful marketing campaign and sales process.
- LandingPage Monkey. An excellent tool for landing page development.
- LeadPages. One of the best platforms around for connecting with your audience, collect leads, and close sales. You can easily build websites, landing pages, pop-ups, alert bars, and many more which can help you grow your business. Highly recommendable!
- OptimizePress. A highly recommended tool for developing landing and sales pages, membership sites, opt-in boxes and many more features for your online business.
- Thrive Leads by Thrive Themes. One of the best tools for rapid list building. with Thrive Leads you can develop highly flexible, robust and effective opt-in forms for anything you want to promote.
Online Shops & eCommerce
There are many valuable online shops these days can help you select the best resources around along to the shops you can use for distributing your products. In this section I have included the ones I use more often, these days, either to buy or to distribute assets and products!
- AppSumo. An excellent online shop for applications and tools can make a difference for the new entrepreneurs. Just check it out!
- ClickBank. One of the best known and trustworthy online marketplaces.
- E-Junkie. One of the best online shops for buying and selling digital assets.
- Envato. Envato is the leading marketplace for creative assets and creative people. You can find many resources here for your projects and your business.
- Flippa. The #1 marketplace for Buying and Selling Websites, Domains, and Apps. Worth seeing it!
- FastSpring. A digital commerce platform can cover all your needs.
- Gumroad. An all-in-one solution to sell your work and grow your audience.
- JVZoo. An integrated platform for sales and affiliation management. A must see!
- Lead Marketing Store. A new venture of mine trying to explore the drop shipping model (more information about the drop shipping model you can find here). It is a place focusing on bringing together top products and items from lead e-Shops like the Amazon, the AliExpress, the eBay, the Best Buy, and the WalMart. It is also a place in which I collect my top preferences, products and things I found useful for my job and life. The store is a work in progress, it is updating frequently with new products and contains affiliate links! I hope it will help you decide and buy the best products for achieving your goals.
- Payhip. A platform to sell and promote your ebooks, memberships, software, design assets, music or any type of digital products directly to your customers.
- Rakuten Marketing. An integrated marketing solution for increasing your digital marketing efforts with affiliate, display and search campaigns.
- SamCart. SamCart is a web-based check out platform with many features! It is a solution to be considered when you need an integrated sales process.
- ShareASale. One of the most trustworthy affiliate marketing network with many features for the promotion of products, sales and developing of affiliation networks.
Outsourcing is a vital function today for any entrepreneur or a small business owner since you cannot do everything by your own (even though you would like!) Here are some of the best services I use.
- 99Designs. One of the best sites for getting your graphics resources.
- AirTasker. Airtasker is a trusted community platform that connects people who need to outsource tasks and find local services, with people who are looking to earn money and ready to work.
- Belay. Virtual assistance and outsourcing agency providing many services you can outsource with limited cost.
- Clipping Path Asia. Provides fast, cheap and excellent Photo editing services like Clipping Path Service, Background Removal, Image Enhancement, Image Masking, Image Manipulation, Photo Retouching.
- Fiverr. A marketplace of services for outsourcing many tasks and activities related to your business. Excellent site to commission specific things for your business.
- TaskRabbit. The most convenient and affordable way to perform many of the tasks required in your business.
- The Content Authority. One of the top agencies for outsourcing writing services.
- UpWork. One of the best outsourcing marketplaces around! Highly recommended!
- Virtual Staff Finder. Virtual assistance agencies can help you perform better and quicker your daily tasks.
- Virtual Valey. Virtual assistance agency located in the Philippines.
- Workify. A service marketplace for outsourcing various business services.
In this section, I have gathered some of the best productivity tools I use to focus on what’s important to me. Please review them and select the ones matching your requirements and your way of work!
- Drag (Google Chrome). Drag is a Chrome plugin to help you organize your inbox. Excellent productivity booster.
- DropBox. Cross-platform (for online storage, collaboration, distribution, etc.)
- Evernote. Cross-platform (for note taking, planning scheduling, idea captures, storage, etc.)
- easy PDF. A free online PDF suite for all your needs!
- Free PDF to Word Converter Online. An online tool for converting PDF files to Word.
- Free PDF Tools & Resources. A repository of free PDF tools, mobile PDF apps, and productivity resources.
- TextExpander (Mac OS X). For all your text automation tasks.
- PDF Convert Free. An online tool for managing all your PRF related tasks (PDF merge, split, convert to word, etc.)
- PhraseExpress (Windows). For auto text functionality, indispensable when you have a lot of texts to write.
- Templates. Various templates I use to perform my daily tasks. Some I have found online but the most I have developed myself according to my requirements.
Here you will find many SEO-SEM tools can help you rank better in search engines and boost your digital marketing campaigns.
- Google Keyword Planner. Google Keyword Planner is a tool permit you to see how many people are searching relevant terms
- Long Tail Pro. An extremely useful tool for all your keyword search requirements.
- Serpstat. All-in-One SEO platform. One of the best marketing and SEO platform around and one of the most efficient keyword research tools in the business.
Social Media & Marketing Tools
I use a lot of different platforms and applications for social media and marketing and usually, I am in the process of testing the new best one. Here are some of the platforms I have found trustworthy over time and I rely on for my marketing efforts.
- Buffer. An excellent tool for schedule and deliver useful content in your social media. It has excellent features to help you manage all your social media accounts and develop an effective social media campaign. Did I mention it is free?
- Commun.it. A tool to drive traffic, grow followers/likes and save time on social media.
- Facebook Ads. One of the best tools for promoting your products and services. If you are on Facebook and have a business you need to give it a try.
- HootSuite. HootSuite is an integrated social media management platform with many features for handling your social networks. It provides an integrated dashboard, from which you can handle more than 90% of your everyday communication and interaction with your social networks
- Grow Sumo. One of the best influencers platform around. Excellent for promoting your messages and products around.
- Interact Quiz Builder. An innovative marketing platform to generate leads and drive sales using quizzes. The platform is also wonderful for building giveaways and polls. Must see!
- Missinglettr. Missinglettr turns each of your blog posts into a 12-month social campaign, which is then dripped out to your social channels. Each campaign is designed to engage with your audience and drive traffic back to your site. Indispensable tools for bloggers and marketers.
- NinjaOutreach. One of the best tools around for finding influencers and automating outreach. Highly recommendable.
- Snip.ly – Snip.ly is an application for content sharing and traffic generation.
- Snovio. Snovio is one of the best cold outreach automation application around. It has many tools (as domain email search, email verifier, email drip campaigns, etc.) to help you facilitate the lead generation process for your business. A must see!
- SocialPilot. Social media marketing and scheduling tool for marketing professionals.
- SumAll. An application for integrated management of all your online data & profiles.
- TubeBuddy. A unique tool to optimize your videos on YouTube. Mast have if you work with videos.
In this section, you will find many of the suites I found indispensable in modern business. I use them on various platforms and places to process the bulk of my work.
- Google Applications & Tools – Cross-platform (Google Chrome, Gmail, Tasks, Calendar, Docs, Reader and search in everyday basis for mail, information searching, scheduling, task management, storage, reading, etc.)
- Microsoft applications in Windows (typically Outlook [for mail, scheduling, task management, agendas planning, etc], Word, PowerPoint, and Excel for carrying out the most of my workload) and the counterpart, LibreOffice in Mac and Ubuntu.
Here are some tools related specifically to writing tasks. I strongly recommend them for enhancing your writing experience and improve the final outcome.
- Grammarly. A free grammar checker instantly eliminates grammatical errors and enhances your writing. It is available as WordPress Plugin, Windows application, Microsoft Word add-in or as a web application. It is, literally, a tool has changed my writing workflow and help to avoid many spelling errors.
- Hemingway Editor. An excellent editor to help you make your writing better.