Everybody knows, that an optimistic person is the best resource available for developing a better and more meaningful life. We also, all know that every person has periods of optimism and pessimism, alike. But the most of the times, it seems that pessimism, winning our days, making us, incapable of doing the things better, or better things for our life, our family, and the people of love and care about.
What you will read in this article:
Why You Can’t Be An Optimistic Person All the Time
Some people would say and effectively argue that an optimistic or a positive attitude is a matter of:
- perspective (you can see either the glass half full or the glass half empty),
- magnitude (the things I have to handle with, are beyond the normal scale!),
- attitude (you are the one who can handle all the problems thrown towards you),
- position (you are the one responsible for solving/fix/negotiate/… the things that are no longer work), or
- luck (You were in the wrong place the wrong time).
to mention only a few excuses!
Yes, excuses, because in the end all the arguments, boil down to one thing. Either you are capable of handling the problematic or difficult situation or not.
If you can handle this particular situation (or every “problematic” situation for that matter) you gain more confidence and you became a more optimistic person. If not, usually, you get through circles of frustration and become more pessimist as a person.
Every approach has positive and negative points. But generally we want to handle effectively the world and the situations around us, and we want to become more optimistic persons, not because this is a trend, but because, optimism builds a more solid character and amplifies our control in the world around us. It is an optimal strategy!
This is a fact. But another fact is, that there are people who seem to have a larger optimistic side than the rest of us. How do they do it though?
How You Can Be An Optimistic Person
There are various schools of thought providing self-help recipes and advice for being a more positive person and having a more positive attitude in life. But in the end, it is a matter of responsibility and habit.
But to take a decision as that, you need some guidance of the course you should follow. Here as some insights for being an optimistic person.
Usually an optimist person:
- Have goals, objectives, vision and a plan for his/her life[!]
- Is present in the moment and do not live in the past. There is no point in remembering the old failures or problematic situations of the past when exactly this attitude is possible to create new one’s problematic situations in the present!
- Does not has animosity or keep a hostility against people, situations, things, etc. he/she has learned the power of forgiveness and tries to solve the problems when they were created, and if not, he/she do not think very much about them. He/she tries to not carry “toxic” wastes in other situations, relationships or in their present (and future!). [See and 5]
- Sees problems as opportunities and challenges and not as obstacles in his/her path. He/she tries to contemplate on the problematic situations, to draw his/her conclusions and never repeat the errors made again (if he/she can do it!).
- Tries to have the control of his/her self and of the situations he/she involved in. When this is impossible he/she tries his/her best for an outcome that would honor him/her and the others involved in.
- Dreams big, without boundaries and without limits and create visions for his/her self, the society, the world.
- Is realistic and put the things in their rightful proportions. He/she tries to adjust the world in their objectives and not the other way around [see and 8]
- Tries to control his/her self, not due to a false idea, but because this would let him/her adjust the environment to his/her self and not be assimilated in a general and indifferent background. That’s why he/she does the 9,
- Invests in skills, knowledge, attitudes, character, personality, relationships, friends, people and not only in material things. He/She knows the difference between survival and living[!] and he/she always tries to keep the balance and not go very far away from their objectives and their priorities (because of 10),
- Always tries to keep his/her priorities.
- Tries to simplify the world around them even with a personal cost.
- Takes care the self and his/her family, friends, important others. He/She tries to get fit, to eat healthily and to sleep normally since all these, lead him/her to a better quality of living.
- Chooses wisely their friend, associates, mentors, teachers, tutors, and cooperators/collaborators and invest in this relationship with personal time, effort, and energy, because he/she knows that relationships if not properly cultivated are doomed to a termination. He/She also knows how to avoid the “toxic” relationships, drain them from resources, energy, mood and good perspectives.
- Doesn’t seek the approval of others. Instead, he/she nourishes an internal system of values and principles against which he/she measures his/her performance and effectiveness. He/She has constantly checked these selections against reality and after having carefully evaluated his/her strengths and weakness, made them in free will and with an option to change them when these selections are no longer valid and effective in the reality. For this reason, he/she supports his/her choice with solid arguments.
- Tries to have options in every situation and he/she tries to produce at least 3 different alternative solutions in every situation to select the best.
- Favors the win-win outcomes and the synergies either in his/her professional or in his/her personal life
- Monitors and measures his/her performance and the things around him/her to enhance his/her self and the procedures or systems his/hers uses, not only for him/herself but for others as well.
- Listens carefully the others, their needs, complains, requirements, questions, values, victories, wants, maybes, information, data, feelings, emotions, etc. He/She listens with his/her ears and constantly monitors the body language of the other speaker to elicit any further information, that would help him/her to understand him/her/them. He/She tries to listen more and to speak less. He/She tries to accommodate and facilitates the words of the others, not only because this attitude is more capable to prove the value of his/her friendship towards the other party, but because this would help him/her to build better and deeper relationships.
- Is honest not because this, in the long run, is beneficial for him/her, but because this attitude is more productive against any other alternative (and make you a better person)
- Lives with passion believe what he/she does and does what he/she believes in and tries to live a life full of meaning, enthusiasm, and creativity.
Do you think, you can be a more beautiful and more optimistic person in your life, or not?
- 7 Ways To Become A More Optimistic Person
- How Can You Become a More Optimistic Person?
- How to Become Positive, Happy and Optimistic
- How to Be Optimistic