One of the most important drainages of today’s productivity is your email inbox. Everybody, we know the feeling of checking mail after mail to check what’s happening! Of course is wrong and, of course, costs you a lot of time and energy.
You should stop checking all the time your email, and you should start developing some good habits to help you do the things are important to you and your business.
One of the best ways to do that is the developing of good habits and the adoption of excellent tools to help you do what must be done!
The good habits and the suitable technology can boost your email productivity!
You should, for instance, start to:
- perform the MIT ritual in the morning and adopt useful tips and hacks to enhance your efficiency and productivity,
- define your priorities.
- stop open your email box first-thing-in-the-morning.
- schedule time to check email and social media.
- block time in your calendar for the important activities of the day.
- plan and schedule your time and activities according to your requirements and your resources.
- prepare a time-budget for you to know where your time (and your energy) goes.
- change your mental focus and the way you think about efficiency.
- use a structured methodology for doing your tasks and achieving your goals (like the GTD is).
- adopt the use of suitable tools to enhance your productivity and your email processing.
- Use various filters and rules to manage your mail flow.
- use more templates.
- unsubscribe from every item (newsletter, ads, information, social networks alarms, etc.) you no longer interested in or related to your objectives.
The second line of attack, is, of course, to start to use excellent tools that can solve a lot of the problems, usually associated with an “over-crowded” mailbox. Such tools may be the Cloze (not an affiliate link) and the Unroll.Me (not an affiliate link).
Unroll.Me is one of those applications you can use to tame your inbox beast, with an ease and style! Its main function is to protect you from all that unwanted emails and spams filled in your inbox.
You may have subscribed to a newsletter you no longer want to follow it; you may purchase something online and the vendor had crowded your inbox with every possible offer he/she may have; you may no longer follow topics you used to be, etc.
Whatever the reason may be, Unroll.Me can help you to get rid of all the unwanted email you may receive and make to lose your focus on what it is important!
One of the most important features of Unroll.Me is the “one click unsubscribe” feature, something that helps you to declutter and remove unwanted items from your inbox. Other important features of Unroll.Me are:
- Organization of the subscription, you like to receive in your inbox (My Rollup)
- Use of categories
- Clean and easy to use interface
- An “Unroll.Me” folder in your inbox with all the emails of your Rollup
- One click unsubscribe
Check it out, and see how it may fit your workflow!
Question: Do you suffer much from spams or unwanted emails? What do you do to avoid them? What would you suggest for eMail Productivity? You can leave a comment by clicking here.